Feel Infinite

It's kind of like a diary I guess. Bits and pieces of my significantly insignificant life. Things I like, things I don't. Things I watch, things I wear, things I listen too, things that I'm glad happened and things I wish never did. Read if you want. xxx

Tuesday 9 November 2010

punk rocks

I just spilt a bit of Horlicks onto the edge of my laptop keyboard, now it's all sticky. That's irrelevant though, to the reason for this blog.
The reason for my doing this blog is for one reason. I love Punk music. Simple. But I mean real, dirty, grimey, drug-addled punk from the 1970s. Not your clean, manufactured, neon pink and black pop-punk Claire's Accessories stuff. I don't know why I love Punk so much, but whenever I listen to anything I get so hyped and so enthused, it's like an electric impulse. I guess it's in my blood. You'll see why later.
Here's my 50 favourite Punk songs playlist. I've tried to include a number of different bands but some do appear a few times, like Ramones. I could make an entire Ramones playlist. Maybe next time. Some are obvious Punk cliches, but I hope there's a couple of ones you won't have heard:

  1. * Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself
  2. * The Stooges - Gimme Danger
  3. * Siouxsie and the Banshees - New Skin
  4. * Slaughter and the Dogs - Where Have All The Bootboys Gone? (This song was based on my dad. He used to do security for this band [from my hometown] and was a skinhead in his youth. Truth)
  5. * Patti Smith Group - Rock and Roll N****r
  6. * The Stranglers - Golden Brown
  7. * Ramones - Judy is a Punk
  8. * The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
  9. * The Stooges - Search and Destroy
  10. * The Damned - I Think I'm Wonderful
  11. * Dead Kennedys - To Drunk to Fuck
  12. * Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK
  13. * Blondie - Maria
  14. * The Buzzcocks - What Do I Get?
  15. * New York Dolls - Personality Crisis
  16. * The Stooges - I Wanna be Your Dog
  17. * The Runaways - I Love Playin' With Fire
  18. * Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Crimson and Clover
  19. * The Vibrators - I Kissed a Girl
  20. * The Stooges - T.V. Eye
  21. * The Runaways - I Wanna Be Where The Boys Are
  22. * Stiff Little Fingers - Nobody's Hero
  23. * Ramones - I Wanna Sniff Some Glue
  24. * Hüsker Dü - Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely
  25. * The Clash - White Riot
  26. * The Replacements - Bastards of Young
  27. * Stiff Little Fingers - Straw Dogs
  28. * The Stranglers - No More Heroes
  29. * Ramones - Blitzkreig Bop
  30. * Johnny Thunders - Pirate Love
  31. * The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
  32. * Gang of Four - Natural's Not In It
  33. * Generation X - The Valley of The Dolls
  34. * MC5 - High School
  35. * Ramones - I Wanna be Your Boyfriend
  36. * The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
  37. * Wreckless Eric - Whole Wide World
  38. * Ramones - Sheena is a Punk Rocker (This never fails to make me dance)
  39. * The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love with Someone
  40. * Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen
  41. * Ramones - Do You Wanna Dance?
  42. * New York Dolls - Looking For a Kiss
  43. * MC5 - Sister Anne
  44. * Misfits - American Psycho
  45. * The Runaways - Dead End Justice
  46. * Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)
  47. * Skids - Into The Valley
  48. * Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child (Wild One)
  49. * Blondie - Atomic
  50. * Ramones - My Brain is Hanging Upside Down (This was the first Ramones song I ever heard. I fell in love with Punk because of this song)

I could make this list at least twice as long, but I think 50 songs will suffice, nes pas?

Go forth and rock out.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment