Feel Infinite

It's kind of like a diary I guess. Bits and pieces of my significantly insignificant life. Things I like, things I don't. Things I watch, things I wear, things I listen too, things that I'm glad happened and things I wish never did. Read if you want. xxx

Sunday 31 October 2010

"Where the sun never shines, I would shiver the whole night through..."

Title: Where did you sleep last night - Nirvana

Another late one. My sleeping habits have gone shocking again.

I don't really think I have a particular style when it comes to clothes. What I wear not only depends on how I feel that day, but also on what films I have been watching, and what music I have been listening too. Like, if I was listening to Nirvana (which I am now) I feel like channelling Kurt Cobain and wear a black and white stripey top, with jeans, scuffed army boots, and scruffy hair. Like this:

Another example, there's this Korean horror film called A Tale of Two Sisters which is visually stunning. Throughout the film the protagonists constantly wear dark solemn floral printed dresses and shirts, and the wallpaper in their house is the same. When I watch this film I want to have shiney hair and wear dark floral dresses with bare legs (this is usually reserved for summer time). I also want to call my sister when I watch it too. A screenshot from A Tale of Two Sisters, look at the design on Su-Mi's dress:

One last one. That cult classic neo-noir Ridley Scott film Bladerunner. One of the Replicants, Pris, has a really unique look. When we first see her she's all soggy and dirty, but her look is awesome, mad hair and all. When I channel Pris I wear black or grey long tops or mini dresses with fairly transparent tights, chokers, black boots and thick dark eye make-up. Here's an image. It took me forever to find a decent one:

When I get my camera (I should be getting a pretty decent one for Christmas) I'll upload my interpretations of these looks when I wear them. Just so you can see what I mean. My philosophy on style is just to be who you want to be. If you want to be yourself go for it, but if you're inspired to be somebody else then that's fine too. Find inspiration from art, movies and music.

Love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment